Position Title: Technology Integration Specialist
Under the direction of the Principal, the Technology Integration Specialist promotes the use of technologies to support student achievement in the preK-12 classroom. He/she provides leadership, professional development, and instructional support to all teachers and support staff. In addition, the Technology Integration Specialist collaborates with appropriate technical staff to support, manage, and optimize the school network, hardware, and software.
All members of the faculty and staff are expected to give witness to the mission of Pope John XXIII. The school believes in providing quality education in a Catholic setting. The school strives to create a climate in which students multiply their strengths.
- Meet with Administration and Development staff on a regular basis to assess needs and recommend suitable technology.
- Coordinates the maintenance, operation, security, and management of existing school computer network and plans for future network expansions as growth demands.
- Provides leadership in developing and implementing technology plan for Pope John XXIII/St. Boniface Schools.
- Provide workshops and training for faculty in educational technology skills and applications.
- Assist in troubleshooting hardware and software problems. Perform minor technical repairs.
- Assist in maintaining the inventory of all hardware, software and electronic media.
- Assist faculty in computer labs and classrooms with curriculum lessons requiring the use of technology.
- Assist students with applications as needed.
- Assist faculty in developing units, projects, or other educational technology applications within their curriculum.
- Participates in ongoing professional development related to job responsibilities in order to aid in maintaining expertise in the field.
- Assist and support faculty in the 1:1 learning environment in their classrooms.
- Help maintain the school’s web-based academic media tools, digital display boards and website.
- Teach technology classes for junior high, high school and broadcasting class.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform these essential duties.
- A bachelor’s degree in education and holds a current Nebraska teaching certificate. Specific training in computer science or its use in the educational setting is required.
- Some desktop support experience preferred.
- An understanding of appropriate uses of technology in the educational setting, particularly as regards mobile technology in a 1:1 learning environment.
- Competency with Windows and Apple computers and software, in particular Microsoft Office and Google Apps.
- An understanding of the Windows operating system.
- An understanding of the Mac OS X operating system.
- Competency in iOS software, iPad and Chrome functionality.
- An understanding of TCP/IP networking.
- Current knowledge of available and emerging technologies.
- Ability to effectively communicate with faculty regarding technology use in both oral and written form.
- Ability to effectively train faculty in technology use.
- Knowledge of sound teaching strategies.
Position Title: Social Science/Physical Education Teacher
Job Description: Pope John XXIII Central Catholic High School, located in Elgin, NE, has an opening for the 2017-2018 school year. The position is a 7-12 Social Science teacher/Physical Education with possible coaching, although coaching is not required. Pope John XXIII is a small 7-12 Catholic school with updated 1 to 1 technology ratio (iPads & Chrome Books). We co-op athletics with Elgin Public Schools.
Submit Your Resume
Pope John XXIII and St. Boniface Catholic Schools
℅ Betty Getzfred
PO Box 179
Elgin, NE 68636
More info can be found at http://www.nebraskaeducationjobs.com
Questions? Contact Betty Getzfred at 402.843.5325 or firstname.lastname@example.org