Technology Integration Specialist
Under the direction of the Principal, the Technology Integration Specialist promotes the use of technologies to support student achievement in the preK-12 classroom. He/she provides leadership, professional development, and instructional support to all teachers and support staff. In addition, the Technology Integration Specialist collaborates with appropriate technical staff to support, manage, and optimize the school network, hardware, and software.
All members of the faculty and staff are expected to give witness to the mission of Pope John XXIII. The school believes in providing quality education in a Catholic setting. The school strives to create a climate in which students multiply their strengths.
- Meet with Administration and Development staff on a regular basis to assess needs and recommend suitable technology.
- Coordinates the maintenance, operation, security, and management of existing school computer network and plans for future network expansions as growth demands.
- Provides leadership in developing and implementing technology plan for Pope John XXIII/St. Boniface Schools.
- Provide workshops and training for faculty in educational technology skills and applications.
- Assist in troubleshooting hardware and software problems. Perform minor technical repairs.
- Assist in maintaining the inventory of all hardware, software and electronic media.
- Assist faculty in computer labs and classrooms with curriculum lessons requiring the use of technology.
- Assist students with applications as needed.
- Assist faculty in developing units, projects, or other educational technology applications within their curriculum.
- Participates in ongoing professional development related to job responsibilities in order to aid in maintaining expertise in the field.
- Assist and support faculty in the 1:1 learning environment in their classrooms.
- Help maintain the school’s web-based academic media tools, digital display boards and website.
- Teach technology classes for junior high, high school and broadcasting class.
To Apply: Send resume to Principal Betty Getzfred, Pope John XXIII Central Catholic, PO Box 179, Elgin, NE 68636 or email questions to email@example.com