2020 NSAA Play Production District Contest Information
These modifications are subject to change in response to COVID-19. (Updated 10/26/20)
Participants, coaches, staff, judges, or spectators that have COVID-19 symptoms, feel sick or have been advised to
quarantine or isolate by public health or school officials, shall not attend or participate in practice or competition. The
NSAA requires all non-active participants, coaches, and spectators to wear face coverings. Face coverings should cover
the nose and mouth. The physical distancing of 6 feet should be maintained when possible.
The health and safety of students, staff, and local communities remain the priority of the NSAA.
The NSAA is implementing the following requirements for host schools of all NSAA district play production contests:
• Active participants are permitted, but not required, to wear face coverings during competition.
• Spectators and judges are required to wear face coverings at all times.
• Directors, crew members and non-active participants are required to wear face coverings at all times.
• All interactions between participants, spectators, and judges should maintain 6 feet of physical distance.
• Areas with at least 6 feet of distance must be created for all judges during competition and oral critiques.
• Performances must be scheduled at least 1 hour apart.
• The host school may establish additional requirements in consultation with local health departments. Additional
requirements implemented by the host school must be the same for all schools, judges, and spectators.
All participating schools, judges and spectators are expected to adhere to these requirements.